IBM BladeCenter S Chassis
Big benefits for the small office.[bld03007]
Small enough to sit under your desk, the new BladeCenter S chassis makes it easy and cost-effective for SMBs to obtain IT results at levels traditionally reserved for LEs. With six blade servers and a fully integrated SAN, the chassis simply plugs into an average wall socket, helping eliminate the need to own and operate costly data centres.
Within a single chassis, BladeCenter S supports virtually all of your applications — including those ruitning on Microsofr’ Windows, Linux, IBM ALX and IBM i — and integrates the hardware and software most used by mid-sized businesses:
- Antivirus/firewall protection.
- Voice over IP VoIP.
- Email and collaboration applications.
- Backup and recovery.
- File and print applications.
- Easy tools to manage storage./li>
BladeCenter S is compatible with the BladeCenter family of products, helping provide investment protection and seamless growth. The new chassis shares many of the BladeCenter blades and switches. Leveraging a single, compatible architecture can help you reduce costs and complexit while helping deliver investment protection.
- All in one - integrates servers, storage area network (SAN) storage, networking and input/output (I/O) into a single chassis.
- No special wiring needed - uses standard office power plugs supporting 100- 240V.
- Flexible modular technology - integrates a family of IBM blade servers supportinga wide range of operating systems andapplications.
- Easy to deploy, use and manage - BladeCenter Start Now Advisor allowssimple setup, so you can focus on yourbusiness, not your IT.
- Helps build greener IT infrastructures - IBMCool Blue technology delivers aportfolio of tools that helps plan, manageand control power and cooling.
|Chassis Type||Rack/7U incorporates blade server bays and hot-swap storage high-availability midplane|
|Blade Bays||Up to six 1- or 2-processor and up to three 4-processor|
|Disk Bays||Up to two Disk Storage Modules; each one can incorporate up to six 3.5" serial attached SCSI (SAS), nearline (NL) SAS or serial advanced technology attachment (SATA), or an intermix of the disks|
|Connection Type||Four switch module bays|
|Management Blades||Open and easy systems management and deployment tools|
|Fan Configuration||Four hot-swap and redundant blowers standard|
|Power Supply Configuration||Up to four(hot-swap and redundant 950W/1450W with load-balancing, auto-sensing and fail over capabilities)|
|Integrated Storage||Support for hot-swap SAS or hot-swap SATA disks|
|External Storage||Support for IBM System Storage solutions (including DS and NAS family of products) and many widely adopted non-IBM storage offerings|
|I/O Ports||Keyboard, video, mouse, Ethernet, universal serial bus (USB)|
|Rack Units||7 U|
|Standard||Support for IBM System Storage solutions (including DS and NAS family of products) and many widely adopted non-IBM storage offerings|