HP X3800sb G2 Network Storage Blade
Do you have islands of storage that you need to consolidate, or tier two applications that would benefit from centralised storage?[BV874A]
You need a flexible SAN gateway that increases the efficiency of your existing infrastructure. The HP X3800sb G2 Network Storage Gateway Blade is a flexible ready to deploy SAN gateway solution for both enterprise and workgroup SAN environments. The X3800sb G2 Network Storage Gateway Blade is used to access SAN storage, translating file data from the server into blocks for storage. Centralize file serving onto a SAN to control proliferation of storage devices. Connect to Fibre Channel, SAS, or iSCSI storage to increase efficiency of your existing infrastructure. Microsoft Storage Server 2008, Enterprise Edition is pre-installed on a HP ProLiant BL460c G7 Server Blade, and Microsoft Cluster Server (MSCS) license and Microsoft iSCSI Software Target software are also included.
Availability: In stock
- Microsoft® Windows Storage Server 2008 R2 Enterprise Edition operating system; Microsoft Cluster Server (MSCS) license and Microsoft iSCSI Software Target included.
- Built on the HP ProLiant BL460c G7 Server Blade for industry standard reliability within your BladeSystem enclosure.
Consolidate File and Block Storage onto a Centralized SAN
- Use the HP X3800sb G2 Network Storage Gateway Blade as a clusterable SAN gateway to access SAN storage, translating file data from the server into blocks for storage.
- The X3800sb G2 Network Storage Gateway Blade enables application servers to access a range of SAN storage to leverage existing storage infrastructures.
- In a Windows (SMB/CIFS) environment, there’s no better way to serve files. In mixed environments, you get the flexibility of heterogeneous support for additional protocols like NFS, HTTP, FTP, and WebDAV.
- The X3800sb G2 Network Storage Gateway Blade can host a variety of storage management applications, including HP Command View EVA Software. Once you add an X3800sb G2 for file/iSCSI services, it’s like getting an array or SAN manager for free.
- The HP X3800sb G2 Network Storage Gateway Blade can also be used as a Windows print server, where the integrated print management console allows multiple printers to be managed from a single interface.
Time-saving Installation and Deployment
- The HP X3800sb G2 Network Storage Gateway Blade saves configuration time with Microsoft Windows Storage Server 2008 R2, Enterprise Edition factory-installed on local hard drives.
- The HP Rapid Start-up Wizard simplifies and accelerates new device deployment by walking you through basic system settings step-by-step.
- Built on the HP ProLiant BL460c G7 Server Blade that is backed by a 3/3/3 hardware warranty and 1 year software support. HP world class support organization and partner network is your resource in the case of a problem.
- Includes Microsoft Cluster Server (MSCS) license and Microsoft iSCSI Software Target.
Intelligent Storage Management
- The HP X3800sb G2 Network Storage Gateway Blade makes more efficient use of storage space using the file deduplicating Single-instance Storage (SIS) capability by recovering up to 35% of your disk capacity by reducing the number of redundant files.
- The X3800sb G2 Network Storage Gateway Blade includes additional storage-specific tools like Indexed Search, SharePoint® Services support, Quotas, File Screening, Storage Reporting, and Distributed File System (DFS) Replication.
- The X3800sb G2 Network Storage Gateway Blade is running Windows, so it integrates natively into your Active Directory and DFS environments, and runs your favorite antivirus, backup, and storage management applications.
|Specification||X3800sb G2 Network Storage Blade with Microsoft Windows Storage Server 2008 R2, Enterprise Edition pre-installed on (2) internal 146GB SAS HDDs.|
|Compatible CPU(s)||Intel® Xeon® E5640 (2.66GHz); Standard|
|Max CPU Clk Spd||2.66 GHz|
|CPU Cache||12 MB L3|
|Memory Capacity||72 GB|
|Drive Bays||2 x 146GB SFF 6G SAS 15K HDDs (for mirrored OS image)|
|HDD Suitability||SFF 6G SAS|
|Cache||256 MB Battery Backed Write Cache|
|Controller Card||(1) Smart Array P410i/256MB BBWC|
|Supported OS||Windows Storage Server 2008 R2 x64, Enterprise Edition installed|
|LAN Socket(s)||(1) 10GbE NC553i FlexFabric|
|PCI Slot(s)||(2) I/O expansion mezzanine slots|
|Remote Management||HP ProLiant Onboard Administrator (powered by the Integrated Lights-Out 3 management processor) provides virtual KVM graphical remote console, virtual media, simplified server setup, and core server control functions out of the box.|
|RAID Controller||(1) Smart Array P410i/256MB BBWC|