HP ProLiant ML350p Gen8 Tower Server
Unsurpassed flexibility and performance from the latest generation HP tower servers.[646675-001]
How are you planning to deploy and manage multiple servers at your company's growing number of branch offices? The HP ProLiant ML350p Gen8 Server series is the latest generation of the best-selling ProLiant ML 2P servers delivering best-in-class performance, availability, maximum expandability and simplified management for remote branch offices of large enterprises, growing businesses and data centers.
- Increased performance of up to 35%* at the same or lower power levels with the new Intel® Xeon® E5-2600 v2 processors *Aug 2013. Performance results per Intel testing
- HP iLO Advanced for smart remote server management that saves you time and money by reducing travel and operational expenses
- HP SmartMemory for 16.6%* better memory performance *June 2013. HP SmartMemory at 1866MHz @2 DPC vs. 1600MHz @2 DPC
- GPU support to boost performance in graphic and VDI applications for financial services, education, scientific research, and medical imaging
- Latest HP Smart Array Controllers designed to maximize data availability, performance and capacity
- Up to 4x* workload performance with HP SmartCache, a controller-based caching solution that caches hot data onto lower latency SSDs *Feb 2013. Whitepaper TC1211951
Improved Capacity and Performance on Compute and Storage
- Intel® Xeon® processor E5-2600 v2 product family offers increased performance, improved security and efficiency for demanding workloads.
- The HP Smart Storage Administrator management and configuration application provides a single pane of glass for HP Smart Storage products and solutions.
- HP Smart Array Controllers maximize data availability, performance and capacity.
- HP SmartMemory, with speeds up to 1866 MHz, prevents data loss and downtime with enhanced error handling while improving workload performance and power efficiency.
Availability, Expandability and Serviceability - A Winning Combination
- User-inspired design features that prevent data loss, reduce downtime, and improve serviceability include HP SmartDrives, HP Smart Storage, HP Smart Socket guides, and tool-less access to components.
- Provides plenty of room to grow to meet future needs with options for a second processor, PCIe slots, HP Smart Memory with capacity up to 768GB, and internal storage configurations with up to 24 SFF or 18 LFF hard drives.
- HP SmartDrive technology improves serviceability and prevents data loss with features such as icon-based status display and Do Not Remove LED.
Unlock your Infrastructure's Potential with HP's Easy-to-Use Integrated Management and Support
- HP iLO Management Engine is a complete set of embedded features, standard on all ProLiant Gen8 servers. Includes HP iLO, HP Agentless Management, HP Active Health System, HP Intelligent Provisioning, and HP Embedded Remote Support.
- HP Insight Control provides advanced management capabilities across the lifecycle of your HP ProLiant server infrastructure. HP iLO Advanced, a key component, provides enhanced remote server functions that reduce IT travel costs, while decreasing Time-To-Resolution.
- HP Insight Online with HP remote support provides 24X7 remote monitoring and anywhere, anytime personalized access to your IT and support status.
- HP Smart Update, including HP SUM, SPP and other products, reduces deployment time and update complexity by systematically and securely updating server infrastructure in the data center; in most cases the downtime is limited to a single reboot.
Energy Efficiency by Design
- First in industry to include 3D array of temperature sensors to help precisely control server fans to direct cooling and reduce unnecessary fan power, saving on cooling costs.
- High efficiency 80 PLUS certified HP Common Slot Power Supplies provide up to 94% efficiency (Platinum) and support HP's Power Discovery Services.
- ENERGY STAR® qualified server configurations illustrate HP's continued commitment to helping customers conserve energy and save money.
|End of Life?||No|
|Rack Units||5 U|
|CPU Socket(s)||2 Intel® Xeon® E5-2600|
|Compatible CPU(s)||Entry Processors
NOTE: All support up to 1066MHz memory speeds.
Intel® Xeon® E5-2609 (2.40GHz/4-core/10MB/6.4GT-s QPI/80W)
Intel® Xeon® E5-2603 (1.80GHz/4-core/10MB/6.4GT-s QPI/80W)
NOTE: All support up to 1333MHz DDR3 memory speeds.
Intel® Xeon® E5-2640 (2.50GHz/6-core/15MB)
Intel® Xeon® E5-2630 (2.30GHz/6-core/15MB)
Intel® Xeon® E5-2620 (2.90GHz/6-core/15MB)
Intel® Xeon® E5-2630L (2.0GHz/6-core/15MB)
NOTE: All support up to 1600MHz DDR3 memory speeds.
Intel® Xeon® E5-2690 (2.90GHz/8-core/20MB)
Intel® Xeon® E5-2680 (2.70GHz/8-core/20MB)
Intel® Xeon® E5-2670 (2.60GHz/8-core/20MB)
Intel® Xeon® E5-2667 (2.90GHz/6-core/15MB)
Intel® Xeon® E5-2665 (2.40GHz/8-core/20MB)
Intel® Xeon® E5-2660 (2.20GHz/8-core/20MB)
Intel® Xeon® E5-2650 (2.0GHz/8-core/20MB)
Intel® Xeon® E5-2650L (1.8GHz/8-core/20MB)
Intel® Xeon® E5-2643 (3.30GHz/4-core/10MB)
Intel® Xeon® E5-2637 (3.0GHz/2-core/5MB)
NOTE: HT indicates that the processor model supports Intel® Hyper-Threading Technology.
NOTE: Turbo 2 indicates the maximum potential bin increments when using Intel® Turbo Boost Technology, with 8, 7, 6, 5, 4, 3, 2, and 1 cores active.
NOTE: DDR3 speed is the maximum memory speed of the processor. Actual memory speed may depend on the quantity and type of DIMMs installed (options for 1600, 1333, 1066MHz).
NOTE: Up to 2 processors supported. Mixing different processor models is not supported.
NOTE: For the Intel® C600 Chipset E5-2600 Series, the letter preceding the model number indicates the Product Line (E3, E5, E7); 2600x v#, 2 = number of CPUs in a Node, 6 is socket/segment designation, 00 = Processor SKU, x = L for low power SKUs and v# (not yet designated) = version number.
|Max CPU Clk Spd||Up to 3.30 GHz|
|CPU Cache||20MB (1 x 20MB) Level 3 cache
NOTE: For Eight-core processors.
15MB (1 x 15MB) Level 3 cache
NOTE: For Six-core processors.
10MB (1 x 10MB) Level 3 cache
NOTE: For Quad-core processors.
5MB (1 x 5MB) Level 3 cache
NOTE: For Dual-Core processors.
|Max # Core(s)||2, 4, 6 or 8 per CPU|
|Memory Slot(s)||24 DDR3 RDIMM or UDIMM|
|Memory Capacity||384 GB|
|Drive Bays||(24) SFF SAS/SATA or (18) LFF SAS/SATA|
|HDD Suitability||Hot plug SFF 2.5-inch SAS
Hot plug SFF 2.5-inch SATA
Hot plug LFF 3.5-inch SAS
Non-hot plug 3.5-inch SATA
|RAID Controller||HP Smart Array P420i|
|Supported OS||Microsoft Windows Server 2008
Red Hat Enterprise Linux (RHEL)
SUSE Linux Enterprise Server (SLES)
|USB Port(s)||10 (4 front, 4 rear, 2 internal)|
|PCI Slot(s)||8 PCIe 3.0 and 1 PCIe 2.0 I/O slots for additional communications and storage expansion|
|Serial Ports||1x Serial Port|
|LAN Controller(s)||HP 1Gb Ethernet 4-port 331i Adapter|
|Graphics||Integrated Matrox G200 video standard|
|Standard||Server Warranty includes 3-Year Parts, 3-Year Labour, 3-Year Onsite support with next business day response.|
|Optional||Enhancements to warranty services are available through HP Care Pack services or customized service agreements. Hard drives have either a one year or three year warranty; refer to the specific hard drive QuickSpecs for details.|