HP ProLiant DL980 G7 Rack Mount Server
Delivers the balanced scaling, self-healing resiliency and breakthrough efficiency needed to overcome the challenges of today's most demanding x86 compute environments.[AM449A]
HP ProLiant DL980 G7, featuring HP's PREMA Architecture delivers the balanced scaling, self-healing resiliency and breakthrough efficiency needed to overcome the challenges of today's most demanding x86 compute environments. Whether implementing a single and very large data intensive, or many consolidated or virtualized workloads, the DL980 G7 server is an ideal platform to deploy and scale up your Enterprise environments with confidence.
Availability: In stock
Balanced scaling delivers world-leading performance.• Streamline CPU utilization and performance with HP's smart CPU caching technology which enables, the processor(s) to remain focused on its task with less interruptions, resulting in faster job completion.
• Efficiently use compute and memory resources with HP's scalable design supporting up to 8 processors / 80 processor cores, 128 DDR3 DIMM slots for a memory maximum of 2 TB, capable of 4TB with 32GB DIMMs in the future and up to 16 I/O slots.
Self healing resiliency delivers up to a 200% boost in reliability.• Reduce communication errors on overloaded systems with HP’s PREMA Architecture, providing 50% more interconnect capacity and dynamic QPI routing.
• Achieve a highly reliable scale up infrastructure combining mission critical and x86 technologies and expertise from an industry leader in both.
• Hot plug redundant fans and power supplies.
Breakthrough efficiencies deliver payback in as little as 60 days.• Consolidate multiple resource intensive servers on to a single system to achieve up to 96% reduction in power and cooling costs.
• Reduce, reclaim and extend the life of your data center with HP Thermal Logic technologies and triple your datacenter capacity.
• Aggressively respond with HP iLO3 (part of Insight Control) remote console management that operates 8x faster than the previous version.
• Free up operational dollars, speed up project success and increase levels of application availability with HP Mission Critical Services.
• In depth technical collaboration between HP and key industry partners speeds time to deployment of application on the DL980 G7.
|End of Life?||Yes|
|Rack Units||8 U|
|CPU Socket(s)||Up to 8|
|Compatible CPU(s)||Ten-Core Processors
Intel® Xeon® E7-2850 (2.00GHz);
Intel® Xeon® E7-2830 (2.13GHz);
Intel® Xeon® E7-4807 (1.86GHz);
Intel® Xeon® E7520 (1.86GHz)
|Max CPU Clk Spd||Up to 2.4 GHz|
|CPU Cache||30MB (1x30MB) Level 3 cache;
E7-4870 Processor only.
24MB (1 x 24MB) Level 3 cache;
E7-2830, E7-2850, E7-2860 and X7560 only.
18MB (1 x 18MB) Level 3 cache;
E7-4807, X6550, E6540, E7520 only.
|Max # Core(s)||Up to 10 per CPU|
|Memory Capacity||4 TB (PC3-10600R)|
|Drive Bays||8x 2.5" SFF SAS/SSD|
|Capacity||Up to 7.2 TB (8x900GB)|
|HDD Suitability||Hot Plug SFF SAS;
Hot Plug SFF SAS SSD;
|RAID Controller||HP Smart Array P410i|
|RAID Options||Optional FBWC. The Flash Backed Write Cache (FBWC) increases cache data retention capabilities from two days of existing battery backed write cache (BBWC) to infinite data retention.|
|Supported OS||Microsoft Windows Server;
Microsoft Windows Server Hyper V;
Red Hat Enterprise Linux (RHEL);
SUSE Linux Enterprise Server (SLES);
|USB Port(s)||6 Total, 2 F, 2 R, 2 Int|
|PCI Slot(s)||Up to 16 slots supported: 11 full length/full height and 5 low profile slots. Base I/O backplane configuration: 2 PCI-E 2.0 x8, 3 PCI-E x4. Optional full height/full length I/O backplanes - (choose only one): 2 PCI-E 2.0 x16, 1 PCI-E 2.0 x4, 2 PCI-X OR 4 PCI-E 2.0 x8, 1 PCI-E 2.0 x4, 1 PCI-E 1.1 x4. Optional low profile I/O backplane: 4 PCI-E 2.0 x8, 1 PCI-E 2.0 x4.|
|Serial Ports||1x Serial Port|
|LAN Socket(s)||HP NC375i Integrated Quad Port Gigabit Server Adapter|
|Graphics||Integrated ATI ES1000 with 32MB embedded video SDRAM|
|Resolution (Native)||1280 x 1024 x 16M|
|Standard||This product is covered by a global limited warranty and supported by HP Services and a worldwide network of HP Authorized Channel Partners resellers. Hardware diagnostic support and repair is available for three years from date of purchase. Support for s|
|Optional||Enhancements to warranty services are available through HP Care Pack services or customized service agreements. Hard drives have either a one year or three year warranty; refer to the specific hard drive QuickSpecs for details.|