HP ProLiant BL680c G7 Blade Server
provides maximum performance and unparalleled scale-up expansion never before seen in a 4P x86 blade.[589047-B21; 589046-B21; 589045-B21;]
The BL680c G7 provides maximum performance and unparalleled scale-up expansion never before seen in a 4P x86 blade. This creates an extremely powerful database engine while handling very demanding workloads and making traditional 4P rack to blade transition a true reality. Two models are now available, one optimized for the on E7-4800 series and the other for the 7500 series. Four 130W processors are supported with 64 RDIMM slots for 2.0TB (E7-4800 models) and 1.0TB (7500 models) of memory, 7 PCIe Gen2 I/O slots, and 6 10Gb FlexFabric CNA ports for standard Ethernet to advanced networking. By designing a balanced architecture, the server is a very unique 4P blade offering ensuring all subsystems are used effectively. Traditional 4P blades are often unbalanced, providing CPU performance and density at the expense of proportional memory and I/O bandwidth. These server often fail when faced with larger databases, higher-density virtualisation and general data-intensive applications.
Availability: In stock
Never Before Seen Multiprocessor Scalability in a Blade Server• World’s first 4P server blade to support a two terabytes of memory providing the ultimate database machine, ability to handle very large consolidation projects and a variety of data-demanding workloads.
• Up to four top performing Intel Xeon E7-4800 or 7500 series processors each up to 130 watts deliver maximum computing power.
• 60 Gb of embedded FlexFabric ports and seven (7) I/O expansion slots bring the total maximum I/O bandwidth to 192 Gb supporting up to 273 VMs.
• Four hot-plug SAS/SATA/SSD bays for up to 4.0 TB of internal storage powered by a high performance Smart Array P410i 6Gb controller for RAID 0 and 1 standard and optional flash backed write cache options to 1 GB with RAID 1+0, 5, and 6 capability.
Six Embedded HP Virtual Connect 10Gb FlexFabric Adapters• Six embedded NC553i 10Gb Converged Network Adapter ports deliver extensive bandwidth for network intensive applications with up to Up to 24 connections to network and storage without the need for add-in I/O mezzanine cards.
• Integrated Fibre Channel over Ethernet (FCoE) and hardware-based iSCSI with iSCSI boot simplify management and lower infrastructure costs by converging LAN and SAN traffic over the same flexible connection.
• Ability to utilize the adapter high-end FlexFabric features or configure than as standard 1Gb or 10Gb Ethernet ports.
|Part No.||589047-B21; 589046-B21; 589045-B21;|
|End of Life?||Yes|
|CPU Socket(s)||2 or 4|
|Max CPU Clk Spd||Up to 2.4 GHz|
|CPU Cache||Up to 30 MB level 3 cache memory|
|Max # Core(s)||4, 6, 8 or 10 per CPU|
|Memory Capacity||2.0 TB|
|Drive Bays||Up to two (2) small form factor (SFF) SAS or SATA hot-plug hard drives.|
|RAID Controller||Integrated Smart Array P410i Controller|
|Supported OS||Microsoft Windows, RHEL, SLES, OEL, Sun Solaris, VMware ESX, and HP Essentials Citrix for XenServer|
|USB Port(s)||One (1) internal USB 2.0 connector for security key devices and USB drive keys|
|PCI Slot(s)||Three (3) mezzanine expansion slots; one Type I x4 PCIe (15 watts) and two x8 PCIe (25 watts).|
|LAN Socket(s)||6x 10 GbE NC553i FlexFabric 6 Ports|
|Graphics||Integrated ATI RN-50|
|Resolution (Native)||1280 x 1024 x 16M color|
|Standard||Server warranty includes 3 year Parts, 3 year Labor, 3-year on-site support.|
|Optional||Enhancements to warranty services are available through HP Care Pack services or customized service agreements. Hard drives have either a one year or three year warranty; refer to the specific hard drive QuickSpecs for details.|