HP P4500 G2 SAS Scalable Capacity SAN Solution
Perfect fit for environments with a variety of virtual servers.[BQ890A]
P4000 SANs are optimized for virtualized environments with VMware ESX & Microsoft Hyper-V integration and offer continuous data availability to users and applications that meets demand on-the-fly.
Affordable Enterprise Functionality with Comprehensive Feature Set
- Scale-out storage clustering allows the consolidation of multiple storage nodes into pools of shared storage. All available capacity and performance is aggregated and available to every volume in the cluster. As storage needs increase the HP P4000 can scale-out performance and capacity online.
- Network RAID stripes and protects multiple copies of data across a cluster of storage nodes, eliminating any single point of failure in the HP P4000 G2 SAN. Applications have continuous data availability in the event of a disk, controller, storage node, power, network, or site failure.
- Multi-site SAN availability gives the P4000 the ability to assign storage nodes in the cluster to different sites (racks, rooms, buildings, and cities) and provide seamless application high availability with failover/failback across sites—all automatically.
- Reservationless snapshots and thin provisioning allocate space only as data is written without requiring pre-allocation of storage, raising the overall utilization and efficiency of the HP P4000. Snapshots create thinly provisioned, instant point-in-time backups of data on a per-volume basis.
- P4000 SANs are tightly integrated with storage management functions of VMware and Microsoft applications. For instance, the P4000 Remote Copy feature enables centralized backup and disaster recovery on a per-volume basis and leverages application integrated snapshots for faster recovery.
Storage Simplicity for Ease of Ownership
- Be up and running in less than 20 minutes. From out-of-box, to rack-n-stack, to software setup wizard, to volumes configured, P4000 is super simple to get up and running quickly. Centralized management eases you through the installation and configuration process.
- Manage hundreds of nodes with the same simplicity as your first two. All HP P4000 nodes in your environment, onsite or across multiple sites are managed from the Centralized Management Console (CMC) for simple, easy-to-manage storage. Featuring a built-in best practice analyzer.
- Application integration streamlines storage management for applications. Snapshot & Remote Copy integration for Windows apps and virtualization platforms (VMware, Hyper-V) make application backup/recovery a snap. Management plug-ins, MPIO integration further simplifies managing application storage .
- Updates and upgrades made simple – from firmware to new software releases to next generation hardware – update software with a single click and migrate data to a cluster of new storage hardware online, non-disruptively with P4000 Peer Motion.
Scale SAN Capacity and Performance Without Disruption to Applications
- Create highly virtualized storage pools for your cloud. P4000 allows you to provision storage for your applications as needed, on-the-fly. Adjust and respond quickly to changing business demands by simply adding/removing storage nodes to the storage cluster.
- The P4000 scale-out architecture delivers storage that linearly scales in both capacity and performance non-disruptively. A single pool of storage resources comprised of storage nodes each contribute its own resources to the cluster with volumes striped across, leveraging all critical resources.
- Federated storage management and performance with P4000 allows customers to manage 1000s of storage nodes across multiple data centers all from a single management console. Scaling performance is as simple as adding more storage nodes to the network and bringing them into the P4000 SAN.
Superior Application Availability and Disaster Recovery
- HP P4000 G2 SANs stripe and protect multiple copies of data across a cluster of storage nodes, eliminating any single point of failure in the SAN. Applications have continuous data availability in the event of a disk, controller, storage node, power, network, or site failure.
- The beauty of the high-availability architecture of the P4000 SAN is that a single storage cluster can host volumes with different Network RAID levels, with each volume’s availability and/or performance level matched to the needs of the application.
- HP P4000 SANs include integrated replication that simplifies management with automated, transparent failover and failback. If a storage node goes offline, data changes are tracked from the time it goes offline then changed data blocks are restored to the current level when the node is back online.
|Rack Units||4-8 U|
|Specification||Dual redundant, active-active controllers, (120) 1,000 GB 7.2K MDL SAS disk drives, 30 GB RAM, redundant hot-swap power supplies redundant fans, 2,560 MB battery backed cache, (10) 1 Gbit NICs, Integrated DVD/CD-ROM|
|CPU Socket(s)||Up to 32|
|Drive Bays||60-384 LFF SAS/MDL SAS|
|HDD Suitability||LFF SAS/MDL SAS|
|Max. No. of Drive Enclosure(s)||Up to 32 per P4000 SAN|
|File Level Protocol||1GbE iSCSI / 10GbE iSCSI / CIFS (SMB 2.0) / NFS2 / HTTP / FTP|
|No. of Host Interfaces||1 GbE iSCSI (10) Ports; Optional upgrade to 10 GbE iSCSI (10) Ports|
Apple OS X; Citrix XenServer; HP-UX; IBM AIX; Microsoft Windows 2003; Microsoft Windows 2008; Novell NetWare; Oracle Enterprise Linux; Red Hat Linux; SUN Solaris; SUSE Linux; VMware
|RAID Controller||2-32 RAID Controllers|
|RAID Options||RAID 5/6/10|