HP P2000 G3 MSA Array Systems
Affordable high-performing modular SAN arrays[AP845A]
How can the flexibility of the HP P2000 G3 MSA Array Systems help remedy large storage needs and small budgets? By offering high-performance 8 Gb FC, Combo FC/iSCSI, 6 Gb SAS, 1 Gb or 10 GbE iSCSI connected arrays designed for efficient storage consolidation at affordable prices. The FC/iSCSI Combo controller gives the flexibility to share the array resources over two protocols, supporting the needs of dissimilar departments and budgets.
All P2000 G3 MSA Arrays ship standard with 64 Snapshots and Volume Copy enabled for increased data protection. The FC, Combo FC/iSCSI, and iSCSI controllers allow replication with optional Remote Snap software. The arrays allow departments and small to medium businesses to grow capacity as needed up to 149 drives. Mixing of LFF and SFF enterprise-class SAS and archival-class SATA drives is supported. Configure with a single controller for low initial cost, or dual controllers for high availability for the most demanding entry-level situations.
Easily Managed, Highly Affordable, Highly Efficient and flexible Storage Consolidation
- The HP P2000 G3 MSA Array Systems deliver low cost, consolidated storage array solutions to meet departmental and small to medium businesses requirements with 8Gb Fibre Channel, Combo FC/iSCSI, 6Gb SAS, and 1Gb or 10GbE iSCSI systems accommodating LFF and SFF SAS, SAS MDL, and SATA MDL drives.
- The P2000 G3 MSA offers single controller models for low initial investment, or dual controllers for higher data protection. The FC/iSCSI Combo controller allows sharing of resources between different departments with the most cost-effective protocol. A wide choice of drive types means a high ROI.
- The HP P2000 G3 MSA Array Systems offer a choice of drives: high performance enterprise class dual-ported SAS drives and low cost, high capacity SAS MDL, or archival class SATA MDL drives. The array head comes with either 12 or 24 drive bays able to simultaneously accommodate all three drive types.
- The P2000 G3 MSA comes standard with 64 snapshot and Volume Copy cloning capability enabled. Snapshots can be optionally boosted to 512 snaps, and the P2000 G3 FC, FC/iSCSI Combo, and both 1GbE and 10GbE iSCSI models support the Remote Snap (replication) software option.
|Rack Units||2 U|
|Drive Bays||(149) SFF SAS/MDL SAS/SATA or;
(96) LFF SAS/MDL SAS/SATA;
Maximum including expansion, supported, depending on model
|Storage Capacity||288 TB|
|Host Interface / Link Speeds||8 Gb Fibre Channel (2) Ports per controller or;
8 Gb Fibre Channel (2) Ports per controller and 1 GbE iSCSI (2) Ports per controller or;
6 Gb/sec SAS (4) Ports per controller or;
10 GbE (2) Ports per controller or;
1 GbE iSCSI (4) Ports pe
Microsoft Windows Server 2008
Microsoft Windows 2003
Microsoft Windows Hyper-V
Red Hat Linux
Apple OS X
|Host OS Support||Windows, Linux, HP-UX, OpenVMS|
|Storage Controller||(2) P2000 G3 Fibre Channel MSA Controller or;
(2) P2000 G3 Fibre Channel/iSCSI Combo MSA Controller;
(2) P2000 G3 SAS MSA Controller;
(2) P2000 G3 10GbE iSCSI MSA Controller;
(2) P2000 G3 iSCSI MSA Controller;
Unable to mix different protocol controllers within the array
|Standard||3 year parts|