HP Integrity BL890c i2 Blade Server
Scale-up to meet the high demands of mission-critical computing with the 8-socket server blade.[AM330A]
The HP Integrity BL890c i2 server blade is an 8-socket full-height blade featuring the latest Intel® Itanium® processor 9300 series supported by up to 1,536 GB memory (96 DIMM slots) and features 16 Flex-10 (10 Gigabit) Ethernet ports standard. The BL890c i2 also features HP’s unique Blade Link technology which combines multiple blades to create 2, 4 and 8 socket systems, providing greater scalability and flexibility. The HP Integrity BL890c i2 server blade coexists with ProLiant server blades and StorageWorks storage blades within the BladeSystem c-Class enclosure.
Availability: In stock
Scale Up, Scale Out, Scale Within• Up to eight (8) Intel Itanium processor 9300 series providing 32-cores of compute power.
• 96 DIMM slots providing up to 1,536 GB of DDR3 memory with double chip spare enables a large memory footprint for demanding applications.
• Upgrade kits utilizing Blade Link technology enables linear scalability from 2 to 4 to 8-socket server blades. You can easily upgrade from BL860c i2 to BL870c i2; or from BL870c i2 to BL890c i2 to meet your changing business demands.
• Up to eight (8) disks, with a choice of hot plug small form factor (SFF) SAS hard disk drives, or solid state disks (SSD).
• Sixteen (16) embedded Flex-10 NICs with the option of adding up to 12 mezzanine cards to provide support for FCoE, SAS RAID, Fibre Channel, etc.
Always-on Resiliency• Intel Itanium processor 9300 series provides up to 2x better reliability than the industry volume processors with features such as Intel Cache Safe Technology and error hardened latches.
• Double-chip spare offers 17x higher memory reliability than single-chip spare.
Industry-leading integrated infrastructure management• HP Virtual Connect Flex-10 technology offers up to 64 FlexNIC ports of Ethernet connectivity before adding additional server adapters.
• HP-UX Virtual Partitions (vPars) provide up to 31 vPars per BL890c i2 server blade, dynamically adjust and share resources, and require very little overhead. HP Integrity VM provide the benefits of increased resource utilization and flexibility (Shared processor and I/O devices) and rapid deployment.
• Integrity Integrated Lights-Out 3 (iLO 3) is HP's next generation of remote management, providing built-in core management functions to simplify setup, health monitoring, and remote administration. Every Integrity BL890c i2 blade ships with an Integrity iLO 3 Advanced Pack license preinstalled.
• Optimize power utilization with Insight Control Power Manager (ICPM), to reclaim trapped power and cooling capacity with Advanced Power Capping, and to conserve power without performance impact using OS Power Regulator.
• Infrastructure Orchestration provisions and modifies complex infrastructures in minutes.
|CPU Socket(s)||4, 6 or 8|
|Compatible CPU(s)||Quad-Core Processors
Intel® Itanium® 9320 (1.33GHz; up to 1.46 GHz with Turbo);
Intel® Itanium® 9340 (1.60GHz; up to 1.73 GHz with Turbo);
Intel® Itanium® 9350 (1.73GHz; up to 1.86 GHz with Turbo);
Intel® Itanium® 9310 (1.60GHz)
|Max CPU Clk Spd||Up to 1.86 GHz (Turbo)|
|CPU Cache||L2 cache per core; 512KB Instruction, 256KB Data;
L3 cache; up to 24MB, see processor specifics
|Max # Core(s)||4 per CPU, 16 per Machine Max.|
|Memory Capacity||1.5 TB|
|Drive Bays||(8) Hot Plug SFF Drive Bays|
|HDD Suitability||Hot Plug SAS|
|RAID Controller||(4) HP p410i 3Gb SAS Controller|
|RAID Options||0, 1, HBA|
|Supported OS||HP-UX 11i v3
Microsoft® Windows® Server 2008 R2 and Windows SQL Server 2008 R2
|USB Port(s)||Four (4) Internal USB ports on the BL890c i2|
|PCI Slot(s)||12 mezzanine slots: 8 Type II and 4 Type I, PCIe x8 Gen2|
|LAN Socket(s)||(8) NC532i Dual Port Flex-1010GbE Multifunction Server Adapter
Dual (2) ports via HP BLc NC553m Dual Port FlexFabric 10Gb Converged Network Adapter
Dual (2) ports via HP BLc NC551m Dual Port FlexFabric 10Gb Converged Network Adapter
|Graphics||Integrated ATI RN50|
|Resolution (Native)||1280 x 1024 x 16M|
|Standard||Protected by HP Services and a worldwide network of HP Authorised Channel Partners. Three-year parts, 3 Year Labor and 3 Year on-site limited global warranty. Certain restrictions and exclusions apply|