HP EVA P6000 Storage Appliance
enterprise class virtual storage array family for midsized customers[BK760A]
Combined with your favorite database, email, ERP or other applications, the P6000 EVA provides an integrated end-to-end solution that helps drive your business. See improved storage density with built-in Thin Provisioning and a smaller footprint in your data center with 2.5-inch SAS disk drives.
The P6000 EVA offers multi-protocol support to your SAN with 8Gb/s Fibre Channel, 1Gb/s iSCSI, and 10Gb/s iSCSI/FCoE options. It provides a better business value by eliminating stranded capacity and maximizing performance. P6000 EVA uses all the disks to send and retrieve data and can dynamically expand virtual disks as data grows.
- Support for up to 25 new 200GB and 400GB SSF SAS SLC SSDs for improved performance opportunities for many applications.
- Support for new HDDs – 300GB 15K SFF SAS, 900GB 10K SFF SAS, and 1TB 7.2K SFF MDL SAS – which introduces new capacity points for 15K SFF SAS, 10K SFF SAS, and 7.2K SFF MDL SAS
Easy to Use and Economical to Own
- The HP P6000 Enterprise Virtual Array Systems family is the recognized leader when it comes to array management. Because the P6000 EVA has built-in virtualization, it is easy to provision storage, add storage, and protect data. This ease of use translates into savings for the customer.
- The P6000 EVA improves utilization and reduces the expense of explosive data growth with a virtualized design that is a perfect complement for the converged infrastructure.
- The P6000 EVA has a modular design making it easy to select an affordable entry configuration while easily expanding later and scaling up to 480TB.
- With new small form factor (SFF) disk drives, the P6000 EVA requires less energy to store the same amount of data compared to the previous generation array.
Highly Effective Virtual Storage in Rapidly Changing Environments
- In a virtual server environment where speedy deployment of new servers is critical, the HP P6000 Enterprise Virtual Array Systems family offers a complementary adaptable storage solution. Configuring the P6000 EVA from VMware Vcenter makes for easy provisioning.
- The P6000 EVA offers flexible SAN connectivity options with built-in 8Gb/s Fibre Channel ports, 1Gb/s iSCSI ports, or 10Gb/s iSCSI/FCoE ports. Your investment in the P6000 EVA is protected as your needs for SAN connectivity change over time.
- The P6000 EVA is broadly used across many industries with a variety of applications and with robust OS compatibility.
- With new Thin Provisioning software, gain efficiencies in capacity utilization, saving disk space compared to traditional provisioning. As the lifecycle for data changes, use the P6000 EVA dynamic LUN migration feature to easily move data to less expensive storage, all with no interruption to the application.
Excellent Reliability and Availability
- Strategic options for the P6300/P6500 EVA Systems are P6000 Business Copy Software and P6000 Continuous Access Software for replication needs. These improve data availability and business agility supporting business continuance and disaster tolerant environments for key business applications.
- Fifth generation of the HP virtual array system means built in quality.
- HP Cluster Extension software helps customers meet their Recovery Point and Recovery Time Objectives through seamless integration of the P6000 Continuous Access Software remote replication capabilities with Window and Linux high-availability server clustering solutions.
|Rack Units||42 U|
|Drive Bays||(450) SFF SAS or (240) LFF SAS;
Maximum, depending on model
|HDD Suitability||200 GB 6G SFF SLC SAS Solid State Drive;
400 GB 6G SFF SLC SAS Solid State Drive;
146 GB 6G 15K SFF Dual-port ENT SAS;
300 GB 6G 15K SFF Dual-port ENT SAS;
300 GB 6G 10K SFF Dual-port ENT SAS;
450 GB 6G 10K SFF Dual-port ENT SAS;
600 GB 6G 10K SFF Dual-port ENT SAS;
900 GB 6G 10K SFF Dual-port ENT SAS;
500 GB 6G 7.2K SFF Dual-port MDL SAS;
1 TB 6G 7.2K SFF Dual-port MDL SAS;
300 GB 6G 15K LFF Dual-port ENT SAS;
450 GB 6G 15K LFF Dual-port ENT SAS;
600 GB 6G 15K LFF Dual-port ENT SAS;
2 TB 6G 7.2K LFF Dual-port MDL SAS
|Storage Capacity||(18) M6625;
Up to 10 M6612 or M6625 are supported with the P6300 EVA;
up to 20 M6612 or up to 18 M6625 are supported with the P6500 EVA
|Cache||8GB Maximum, depending on model|
|Host Interface / Link Speeds||8 Gb/sec Fibre Channel (8) Ports or 1 Gb/sec iSCSI (8) Ports or 10 GbE (4) Ports Maximum, depending on model|
|Remote Management||P6000 Command View v9.4, v10.0 (or later version)|
|Storage Controller||(2) HSV340 or HSV360; Depending on model|
|RAID Options||Vraid 0, Vraid 1, Vraid 0+1, Vraid 5, Vraid 0+5, Vraid 6, & Cross Vraid Snaps (SSDs do not support Vraid 0)|
|Standard||3-year Global Limited Warranty and Technical Support (NBD/9x5)|