HP 3PAR F-Class Storage System
Overcome the limitations of mid-range arrays, offering the same pioneering HP 3PAR Architecture[QW960A]
Traditionally, customers looking for midrange storage solutions have been asked to compromise scalability and availability due to cost constraints. However, a converged infrastructure requires that more and more applications be consolidated and that virtualization technologies are deployed, which places new demands on storage that midrange systems were not designed to meet. However, the alternative-purchasing premium-priced monolithic arrays to do the job-is not an economically viable option for most organizations.
Purchase 50 Percent Fewer Midrange Arrays
- HP 3PAR F-Class Storage Systems offer the same pioneering architecture, Mesh-Active controller technology, secure multi-tenancy, and mixed workload support as HP 3PAR T-Class Storage Systems, but in a scaled-down, quad controller-capable array that fits mid-sized budgets.
- Mesh-Active controller technology autonomically distributes volumes across a total of up to four Controller Nodes, concurrently applying all node resources to each volume to deliver load-balanced performance and greater scalability headroom than dual-controller arrays.
- Mixed workload support eliminates the large impact that sequential workloads (like data mining or backups) can have on transactional workloads (such as database operations), thus enabling customers to consolidate data for both types of applications onto a single midrange array.
- Works with optional HP 3PAR Virtual Domains Software, the first and only storage hypervisor-like technology on the market, to support multiple tenants on a single consolidated array without compromising security or performance.
- Support for multiple drive types enables clients to achieve an optimal balance of price and performance for multiple tiers of data within a single, cost-efficient, mid-range array.
Reduce Capacity, Power, Cooling, and Floor Space Requirements by up to 75 Percent
- Support for the same wide striping technology used by all HP 3PAR arrays delivers high levels of capacity utilization to reduce physical capacity purchases, storage footprint, power usage, and cooling needs without compromising performance.
- Optional HP 3PAR Thin Provisioning Software eliminates capacity waste by allowing clients to purchase only the disk capacity they actually need, only as they actually need it.
- HP 3PAR Gen3 ASIC with Thin Built In™ inside every controller node has the ability to drive silicon-based thin conversion to reduce legacy storage capacity requirements and reclaim allocated-but-unused capacity to maintain optimal capacity utilization.
- Works with optional 3PAR Virtual Copy Software, a reservationless, copy-on-write thin technology, to reduce the capacity associated with frequent disk-based snapshots and create virtual copies that can be mounted and used instantly.
- Fast RAID 5 boosts RAID 5 performance to within 10% of RAID 1 but with significantly less capacity overhead; Fast RAID 6 (RAID MP) delivers enhanced protection while maintaining performance levels within 15% of RAID 10 and with capacity overheads comparable to popular RAID 5 modes.
Reduce Storage Administration Time by up to 90 Percent
- The HP 3PAR Inform Operating System Software relieves administrators of tedious manual administration through autonomic provisioning and management; optional HP 3PAR Thin Provisioning Software eliminates array planning by enabling storage to be provisioned once for the lifetime of an application.
- The simple, unified HP 3PAR Management Console and extremely powerful and scriptable Command Line Interface (CLI) offer industry-leading ease of use, including the ability to configure multi-mode, multi-site disaster recovery in minutes using a more economical mixture of T-Class and F-Class arrays.
- Integration with HP CloudSystem and HP BladeSystem Matrix provide a simplified way to provision and scale storage for public and private cloud environments.
- Use of optional HP 3PAR Dynamic Optimization and Adaptive Optimization Software enables F-Class systems to meet service level changes autonomically, without active management.
- Optional HP 3PAR Virtual Domains Software enables IT organizations to deliver customized, secure, and even “self-service” storage to multiple administrators, applications, departments, or user groups.
|Rack Units||42 U|
|Compatible CPU(s)||Quad-Core 2.33 GHz Management Processors|
|Max CPU Clk Spd||2.33 GHz|
|Max # Core(s)||4 per CPU|
|Drive Bays||16-384 Drives|
|HDD Suitability||LFF Fibre Channel/SATA/SSD|
|Max. No. of Drive Enclosure(s)||(24) 3PAR 16-drive chassis|
|Storage Capacity||Up to 384 TB|
|Cache||24GB Data Cache maximum, depending on model; 16 GB Control cache maximum, depending on model|
|Controller Card||(4) 3PAR 2.33GHz F-Class Controller Node; Maximum, depending on model|
|No. of Host Interfaces||4 Gb Fibre Channel (24) Ports or 1 Gb iSCSI (16) Ports|
|Supported OS||Microsoft Windows Server 2008;
Microsoft Windows Hyper-V;
Oracle Enterprise Linux;
Red Hat Enterprise Linux (RHEL);
SUSE Linux Enterprise Server (SLES);
Egenera PAN Manager;
NetApp Data ONTAP;
VMware ESX and ESXi;
SSH is supported for CLI. InForm CIM API and SNMP are also supported.
|Storage Controller||(4) 3PAR 2.33GHz F-Class Controller Node; Maximum, depending on model|
|RAID Options||RAID 1, RAID 5 and RAID MP for data protection|
|Standard||3 Year, On-site Warranty Service. 7x24 4-hour remote response with next business day on-site response|