Fujitsu PRIMERGY RX900 S2 Rack Mount Server
Starts where 4 socket servers finish, with 8 sockets in an 8 U rack server.[S26361-K1403-V800]
PRIMERGY RX900 S2 is a new x86 based 8-socket rack server, designed for mission-critical back-end services, scale-up corporate workloads and high performance database processing. It constitutes a highly scalable, next-generation Intel Xeon processor E7-8800 based server that significantly extends the economic advantages of x86 industry standard scale-up solutions.
It scales the usage patterns for single standard operating system deployment to new frontiers far beyond the 4 socket standard x86 server class. PRIMERGY RX900 S2 provides extreme scalability as regards the processing performance (80 cores), memory expandability (2 TB RAM) and its aggregated peak I/O bandwidth of more than 100 Gigabyte/s with 16 x PCIe slots and 2x 10 GbE + 6x 1 GbE onboard. It scales up linearly for I/O, memory and CPUs inside the 8 U rack system unit without the need for infrastructure changes. Very large corporate databases and heavy load transactional processing applications, where response time and throughput is paramount, will benefit best from the platform's efficient scalability and high I/O bandwidth. Likewise, corporate SAP/ERP, Decision Support services and Business Intelligence solutions, where performance for time-to-results constitutes the business critical value, will profit from its enormous processing power. Using enterprise virtualization suites such as VMware, Hyper-V and Xen, PRIMERGY RX900 S2 as well enables for large scale consolidation of virtual servers to a central point, running many big VMs without performance barriers. The PRIMERGY RX900 S2 provides all the mission critical attributes for a constantly reliable IT production.
8 sockets scale-up performance
- With PRIMERGY RX900 S2, the highspeed Intel Quickpath QPI link architecture is used to enable seamless 8-socket scalability using the new Intel® Xeon® E7-8800 processor family with up to 10 cores per CPU. The result is a new scale-up server, that sets a new performance reach achievable with x86 rack server technology.
- Compared to latest generation 4 socket Xeon servers, the new RX900 S2 with Intel Xeon processor E7-8800 product family scales up to 80 processor cores and 160 threads - a double-up in number of cores and threads per system. Combined with the massive memory capacity using up to 128 memory DIMM sockets, the RX900 S2 truly constitutes a new 8 socket x86 performance class which starts where the 4-socket x86 server reach is ending up.
- RX900 S2 provides linear scalability by simultaneously expanding I/O capacity, memory capacity and CPU performance, once upgrading the system with combined CPU/Memory boards. Not only will CPU performance scale up in line with additional 16 memory slots per configurable board. With Intel QPI link technology, a fully populated 8 CPU system will have 4 activated I/O hubs, providing aggregated peak I/O bandwidth of more than 100 GByte/s. The two onboard 10 Gigabit Ethernet controllers plus 6 x 1000 baseT onboard Ethernet ports ensure ample IP network bandwidth from the very start.
Scale-up growth without a change
- The new PRIMERGY RX900 S2 packs its scalability for 8 socket performance, 16 x PCIe slots, up to 128 memory sockets on 8 CPU/ Memory boards, and 2+1 or 2+2 power supply redundancy features into a space saving 8U rack unit.
- Starting with a 4 socket basic configuration, it enables to scale up the system to its upper limits, inside the same chassis and without having to modify the rack infrastructure.
Integrated High Availability as Standard
- Advanced Memory Mirroring, ECC and SDDC memory protection, hot-plug redundant fans, hot-plug power supplies ( 2+1 and 2+2 redundancy), up to 8 x hot-plug SAS /SATA hard disks and hot-plug PCIe slots, integrated RAID controller.
- LocalView display and integrated Baseboard Management Controller, new RAS features of Intel Xeon processor E7-8800 product family enable for enhanced error correction/circumvention activities with support of the Operating systems.
The PRIMERGY RX Rack Server family is the perfect platform to form dynamic infrastructures for your business processes today and in the coming decade. You will thus benefit several times over from our recognized experience in optimized data center technology and our innovative strength in developing energy-efficient and cost/ performance-optimized rack systems for universal use. PRIMERGY rack servers, built upon industry standards, focus from a functional viewpoint on core features: energy efficiency, reliability, optimized for virtualization, ease of operation and maintenance, flexibility for your future. And thus they notably meet your requirements for outstanding cost efficiency. Optimal operating costs and long-term usability comply with the IT quality required by your customers. Our responsibility goes way beyond the hardware as our tailor-made service packages mean that you can rely on the best support for your IT during its whole lifecycle.
|Rack Units||8 U|
|CPU Socket(s)||Up to 8 Intel® Xeon® E7-8800 Series|
|Compatible CPU(s)||Intel® Xeon® E7-8830 (8C/16T, 2.13 GHz, TLC: 24 MB);
Intel® Xeon® E7-8837 (8C/8T, 2.67 GHz, TLC: 24 MB);
Intel® Xeon® E7-8850 (10C/20T, 2.00 GHz, TLC: 24 MB);
Intel® Xeon® E7-8860 (10C/20T, 2.26 GHz, TLC: 24 MB);
Intel® Xeon® E7-8870 (10C/20T, 2.40 GHz, TLC: 30 MB)
|Max CPU Clk Spd||Up to 2.67 GHz|
|CPU Cache||24, or 30 MB per CPU (TLC)|
|Max # Thread(s)||Up to 20 per CPU (160 per RX900 S2)|
|Max # Core(s)||Up to 10 per CPU (80 per RX900 S2)|
|Memory Capacity||4096 GB / 4.0 TB|
|Drive Bays||8 x 2.5-inch hot-plug SAS;
1 x 5.25/0.5-inch for CD-RW/DVD
|Capacity||Up to 7.2 TB (8x900GB)|
|HDD Suitability||SSD SATA, 3 Gb/s, 64 GB, SLC, hot-plug, 2.5-inch, enterprise;
SSD SATA, 3 Gb/s, 32 GB, SLC, hot-plug, 2.5-inch, enterprise;
SSD SAS, 6 Gb/s, 400 GB, SLC, hot-plug, 2.5-inch, enterprise;
SSD SAS, 6 Gb/s, 200 GB, SLC, hot-plug, 2.5-inch, enterprise;
SSD SAS, 6 Gb/s, 100 GB, SLC, hot-plug, 2.5-inch, enterprise;
PCIe SSD, 640 GB, MLC, Flash drive;
PCIe SSD, 320 GB, MLC, Flash drive;
HDD SAS, 6 Gb/s, 900 GB, 10000 rpm, hot-plug, 2.5-inch, enterprise;
HDD SAS, 6 Gb/s, 600 GB, 10000 rpm, hot-plug, 2.5-inch, enterprise;
HDD SAS, 6 Gb/s, 450 GB, 10000 rpm, hot-plug, 2.5-inch, enterprise;
HDD SAS, 6 Gb/s, 300 GB, 15000 rpm, hot-plug, 2.5-inch, enterprise;
HDD SAS, 6 Gb/s, 300 GB, 10000 rpm, hot-plug, 2.5-inch, enterprise;
HDD SAS, 6 Gb/s, 146 GB, 15000 rpm, hot-plug, 2.5-inch, enterprise;
HDD SAS, 6 Gb/s, 73 GB, 15000 rpm, hot-plug, 2.5-inch, enterprise
|RAID Controller||8 Port SAS RAID 5/6 controller as option|
|RAID Options||Integrated RAID 5/6 Ctrl., HDD SAS 6 Gb, Fujitsu , 8 ports int. RAID level: 0, 1, 10, 5, 50, 6, 60, 512 MB Cache, Optional BBU (based on LSI SAS2108)|
|Supported OS||Microsoft® Hyper-V™ Server 2008 R2;
Microsoft® Windows Server® 2008 R2 Datacenter;
Microsoft® Windows Server® 2008 R2 Enterprise;
Microsoft® Windows® Server 2008 Datacenter;
Microsoft® Windows® Server 2008 Enterprise;
Microsoft® Windows® Server 2008 Standard;
VMware vSphere™ 5.0 Embedded;
VMware vSphere™ 5.0;
VMware vSphere™ 4.1;
VMware vSphere™ 4.1 Embedded;
VMware vSphere™ 4.1 Installable;
Novell® SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 11;
Novell® SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 10;
Red Hat® Enterprise Linux 5;
Red Hat® Enterprise Linux 5 with XEN;
Oracle® VM 3.0;
|USB Port(s)||8 x USB 2.0 (3 x front, 4 x rear, 1 x internal)|
|PCI Slot(s)||PCI-Express 2.0 x4 (mech. x8) - 2 x Full height (all ½ length);
PCI-Express 2.0 x8 - 14 x Full height (all ½ length, 4x hot-plug)
|Serial Ports||1 x RS-232-C|
|LAN Socket(s)||6 x Gbit/s Ethernet, 2x 10 Gbit/s Ethernet;
1 x dedicated service LAN port for iRMC S2 (10/100 Mbit/s)
Service LAN traffic can be switched to shared onboard Gbit LAN port
|Bandwidth||1 & 10 GbE|
|Graphics||2 x VGA (1 x front, 1 x rear)|
|Standard||3 years, On-site Service (depending on country)|
|Optional||7x24, Onsite Response Time: 4h (depending on country)|