Fujitsu ETERNUS JX40 JBOD Storage Subsystem
Passive direct server attached drive extension[ETJXS11BG]
The ETERNUS JX40 is a reliable and innovative easy-to-use storage subsystem. As Direct Attached Storage (DAS), it extends the storage-capacity of Fujitsu’s PRIMERGY servers through a fastest 6 Gbit/s SAS connection by up to 144 Terabyte. With a height of only two units per shelf, the ETERNUS JX40 subsystem meets the requirements for a compact design with 2.5 inch mixable SAS and SATA hard disk drives in 19-inch rack infrastructures.
Because of low investment cost and easy handling, storage, which is directly attached to a server, is an alternative for environments with only one to very few server systems. As a passive extension of server storage, ETERNUS JX is a perfect solution to grow the capacity e.g. for non-critical file-services or data of small branch offices. Attached to the SAS RAID controller of the server, it offers basic data protection through mirroring, striping or adding parity information to the data in all relevant RAID groups.
Quality and realiabitlity
- Direct Attached Storage (DAS) for intel-based servers with fastest 6 Gbit/s SAS connection.
- Up to 144 high performance SAS and/or large capacity SATA disk drives enlarge storage capacity by up to 144 Terabyte.
Innovation and flexibility
- Components like hot plug disk drives and power supply modules can be replaced while the server is running.
- Standardized 2.5” PRIMERGY server disk drives are used.
Ease of use
- Status of the components is signalized by LED displays and light-emitting diodes.
- Drive extension is completely managed by the server and can be used in all usage scenarios with certified PRIMERGY servers.
- The subsystem can be integrated in the standard Fujitsu server management ServerView Suite.
|End of Life?||No|
|Rack Units||2 U per JX40 Unit|
|Drive Bays||1-144 2.5" SFF Drives (24 per JX40 Unit)|
|Capacity||144 TB (48 TB per JX40)|
|HDD Suitability||SAS, 146 GB, 15krpm, 2,5";
SAS, 300 GB, 15krpm, 2,5";
SAS, 300 GB, 10krpm, 2,5";
SAS, 450 GB, 10krpm, 2,5";
SAS, 600 GB, 10krpm, 2,5";
SAS, 900 GB, 10krpm, 2,5";
SATA, 500 GB, 7.2 krpm, 2,5";
SATA, 1000 GB, 7.2 krpm, 2,5";
SSD Solid State Disks SAS, 100 GB, SLC (Single Level Cell), 2,5";
SSD Solid State Disks SAS, 200 GB, SLC (Single Level Cell), 2,5";
SSD Solid State Disks SAS, 400 GB, SLC (Single Level Cell), 2,5";
SSD Solid State Disks SATA, 32 GB, SLC (Single Level Cell), 2,5";
SSD Solid State Disks SATA, 64 GB, SLC (Single Level Cell), 2,5"
|Max. No. of Drive Enclosure(s)||Max 3 in Array|
|Controller Card||LSI MegaRAID SAS9280-8e, PCIe x4, 512MB Cache with ECC|
|Host Interface / Link Speeds||1 SAS SFF 8088 port on the standard SAS 2.0 I/O module (expander)|
|Integrated Data Services||First SAS x4 port to connect 24 hot-plug SAS and/or SATA drives to servers in max. 2/4/6m cable distance;
Second SAS x4 port to cascade up to three ETERNUS JX40 in max. 0.75m cable distance per one of two SAS
|RAID Options||0, 1, 1E, 1+0, 5, 5+0, 6, 6+0 (by PRIMERGY RAID controller)|
|Standard||2 years On-site Service|
|Optional||3 years, 24x7 On-site Service with 4h response time.|